If you aren’t offering your customers the opportunity to order transcripts of your teleseminars or free teleseminars, you are missing out on a golden opportunity to increase your income by a big factor.
Transcripts can add another $10-$100 dollars to your bottom line for each transcript ordered. You can charge different rates depending on the quality of your content (more for harder to find information) and the audience (more for corporate markets with site licenses).
If you have 100 people on a call and 20 people order the transcript at $15, that’s another $300 in your pocket.
What is a transcript?
Quite simply, it is a word-for-word printed account of your teleseminar. I suggest you clean it up for grammar and style as we talk much more informally than we write. When you look at a seminar transcript, you might see that you’ve re-started sentences, stumbled over words, or repeated yourself several times. By editing your transcript, you can make yourself sound masterful.
You can also add other material that you forgot to include in the seminar. You might have great thoughts that come to mind, but you couldn’t fit them into the live teleseminar. Now you have the opportunity to add those gems to the transcript.
You can also add additional sales and marketing materials to the transcript so you have opportunities for additional income. Of course, any site your mentioned during your talk will be a live hyperlink, so you should be sure to include your affiliate programs if they are relevant to the session.
How do you sell transcripts?
There are several ways to sell transcripts.
1. Offer the transcript as part of the initial ordering options.
2. Offer the transcript as an upsell after they order the seminar. This is what marketing guru Alex Mandossian calls the “Want fries with that” strategy. He reports a very high conversion rate when he offers the transcript on the up-sell page, or order confirmation page.
If your shopping cart doesn’t have an up-sell page, you should use the one I use:
3. Offer the transcript in an email after the call. For people who were on the call who couldn’t take notes fast enough, this is a great customer service you are offering. For people who didn’t order the session, it is another chance to offer them a product.
You can automate this process with www.MyEasyOnlineStore.com
4. After the session, add the transcript as a product offering in your online store.
5. If you are want to put a bit more work into the transcript, turn it into an e-book and offer it for sale on Amazon, which loves to sell digital products.
How can you get a transcript?
Great Teleseminars produces transcripts for 1-hour teleseminars for just $97. Longer sessions are pro-rated. Each transcript is lightly edited to remove your ‘umms’, ‘ahs’, ‘you knows’ and the like. For information, call 952-380-1554 or visit http://www.greatteleseminars.com/transcripts.htm Transcripts are turned around in 48-72 hours on the average but can be returned earlier for a $25 rush fee. Each transcript is delivered via email as a Microsoft Word file. You can specify typeface and size for each transcript.
If you follow the ideas in this article, you’ll find increased profits at the end of the day.